The Final Battle is the final mission in Armored Core: Project Phantasma.
Location: Sealed Establishment Abyss
Mission: Destroy Phantasma
Mission Place: Sealed Establishment "Abyss"
Mission Code Name: Nightmare
Start Time: 0500
THIS IS NOT A REQUEST! I HAVE BECOME PHANTASMA! I WILL DESTROY
YOU HAVE BEEN A NUISANCE, BUT I WILL INVITE YOU TO THE PARTY. COME TO
THE BUILDING KNOW AS ABYSS.
<Stinger>: "Welcome to the Abyss. This is where I merged, and became one with Phantasma. No one can stop me now. Die!"
<Stinger>: "I… I am losing? Impossible! I’m burning! Phantasma! I am dying!"
<Sumika>: "We did it! We destroyed Phantasma. Maybe we could have adapted the technology, but I guess it’s better this way."
<Sumika>: "I would like to ask for your help again later. You are quite a strong ally to have. Just give me a discount next time, huh?"
Phantasma is a much harder nut to crack than the original version that was fought several missions ago. Here Phantasma has developed into a powerhouse full of nasty weapons. It's main weapon is a colorful array of shots that go out in all directions but can be avoided by being within the gaps of the attack. It also feature mortar and large missile launchers. You can tell when these fire when the two "shoulder" mounted pods open up.
Utlimately Stinger's undoing is brought by his slow speed, Phantasma rarely moves and can't dodge a shot to save its life. However Phantasma has a load of AP/Defense making it a tough nut to crack, so that the KARASAWA or FINGER can take a good amount of time to kill him. Like it does so many times, the AW-XC65 can deal massive amounts of damage to a target and can quickly finish Phantasma's final form off.
- This area is similar to the Lost Field.
- After you destroy Phantasma Sumika appears to congratulate you.
- Phantasma is piloted by Stinger.
- This is the only mission you are seen leaving with the Barrucada instead of it taking you to the mission area.
- It is impossible to defeat this form of Phantasma with the KARASAWA alone as it has enough AP to withstand all 50 shots of it even with the energy attack power increase of the SP-E+ optional part.