An "irregular" that only appears in Armored Core: Project Phantasma, Armored Core 2: Another Age and Armored Core: Nexus Revolution disk. Stinger is the main antagonist during Armored Core: Project Phantasma.
It is never stated outright what Stinger's motivation is, but most likely he just wants the power, although late appearances suggest he is simply deranged. Stinger is in league with the Doomsday Organization, possibly as a test subject for Project Phantasma. First appearing in the ending cutscene of the mission Rescue the Allies. He fights the player five times throughout the game, the first in Raid the Laboratory, next in Protect the VIP, Confrontation using the Phantasma Prototype, the final time in the Vixen in Search the Facility. The game's last battle in the mission The Final Battle is against the super Phantasma model with Stinger at the controls although by indications of his erratic nature from the text of the mission request followed by his claim in-game, he seems to have fused with it. It is quite clear that he dies at the end of Project Phantasma, when the final Phantasma model was destroyed.
- Triple Laser / Grenade Rifle (Another Age)
- High-speed Laser Cannon (Another Age)
- Laser Blade
Stinger's AC is a custom lightweight bipedal model known as Vixen. In Armored Core 2: Another Age, Stinger's AC Vixen appears again as a purely custom AC (its parts unattainable by the player) and is significantly different from its Nexus remake and the original appearing in Project Phantasma. Its design is sleeker, with its TAROS blade (which it can use in rapid succession, much like Nineball Seraph) being nearly half the length of the AC. On top of this change, its sports higher offensive and defensive capabilities beyond that of any known Armored Core. Its AP values are higher than that of a normal AC, and its DRAGON laser rifle has two firing modes: the regular laser burst fire and a grenade-like round. The unit also can fire a high speed spread laser blast from the core part, similar to that of the final Phantasma weapon but firing only in a specific direction.
Up until Nexus there wasn't a way to get the Vixen but in Nexus From Software introduced all of the parts to build his AC, although the DRAGON was tuned down from its Project Phantasma form. Stinger's AC only appeared for player use in Nexus and beyond. To claim its parts, they were mission completion bonuses for many of Revolution's missions. The TAROS blade rivals the MOONLIGHT blade and the DRAGON is a low impact laser rifle with decent heat stress per shot. It is deadly up close but, due to its fragility, can easily be stunned.
In Armored Core: Nexus, the Vixen has been given an official name: the YC07 Vixen. It was, for the first time, given the ability of the player to pilot by unlocking the various parts in the Revolution disk. This makes it a production model rather than the custom model it was. However, the important difference is that these two games operate in different universes which should be noted.
- Head: YH08-MANTIS
- Core: YC07-CRONUS
- Arms: YA10-LORIS
- Legs: YLH11-VIXEN
- Inside: Unknown
- Generator: Unknown
- Radiator: Unknown
- Boosters: B02-VULTURE
- FCS: Unknown
- Arm R: YWH07-DRAGON
- Arm L: YWL03LB-TAROS
TriviaEdit*The parts listed only appear in Nexus, Nine Breaker, Formula Front, Last Raven, Formula Front Extreme Battle, and Formula Front International.
- There seems to be some artistic confusion about Vixen because in Project Phantasma the color on the arms is violet while in the Nexus: Revolution its shown as red.
- The AC Vixen was developed from the Swift and Spiteful Mass Production Armored Cores.
- Vixen bears a close resemblance to the 03-AALIYAH from the Armored
- Core 4 universe and the head is similar to the TYPE-HOGIRE's head from the same universe.
- Acording to this concept art, the Vixen was developed from the Chrome made Venom AC.
- In the 2003 Tokyo Game Show, Vixen was one of the preset builds available for player use. However, all of its parts went by different names, following the original naming convention from AC3/ACSL. Additionally, its DRAGON laser rifle was originally a linear rifle.