|Romaji Name||Joshua Oburaien|
|Affiliation and military information|
|Craft||NEXT White Glint|
|Conflicts active||Lynx War|
|Real world information|
|Appearances||Armored Core 4|
Sea of Blood
Seed a Barren Earth
|Voice actor||Darryl Kurylo (US)|
- ""Hey. I guess there's little need for words...""
- — Joshua O'Brien in Seed a Barren Earth
Joshua O'Brien is a Lynx appearing in Armored Core 4. He is the pilot of the first version of the legendary NEXT, White Glint. He is affiliated with the corporation Aspina and serves as the Mercenary's partner and rival. He has a laid-back, friendly attitude as well as a gentlemanly nature. He also has an extremely high AMS aptitude and is a skilled fighter.
Joshua O'Brien was a Lynx that was affiliated with the NEXT development corporation Aspina in testing the AMS control system. His homeland, the independent colony of Aspina was precious to him and served as his central motivation for fighting. He constantly struggled to keep it away from tyrannical rule during the Pax Economica. His connection with the Operator Fiona Jarnefeldt may have been the means through which he developed a solid friendship with Anatolia's Mercenary who was fighting for a similar cause. He fought during the Lynx War, siding with Omer as it had close ties with Aspina. His experiences culminated in the mission where he assisted the Sing Colony. It is here where was able to destroy a fair number of Sol Dios weapons alongside Anatolia's Mercenary. Although he did not participate in the Battle at the Abandoned City, he did deliver the finishing blow which destroyed Akvavit. Afterwards, he was swayed to pilot the 00-ARETHA, a prototype NEXT. He was ordered to attack Anatolia and was ultimately defeated by Anatolia's Mercenary. He died when the 00-ARETHA's Kojima reactor exploded.
"Desert Wolf" (Hard Mode)Edit
- "This is White Glint. Lynx Joshua O'Brien. Help is on the way. Hold out till I get there."
- "He's actually got me on the defensive."
- "I will be the one to finish this."
- "Ugh it's no good. I'm grounded here!"
"Sea of Blood" (Hard Mode)Edit
- "Lynx, Joshua O'Brien. Help is on the way.
- "This is White Glint. Hey Raven, I've heard good things. Let's get this done."
- "Too slow... Gotcha!"
- "I don't want to get in your way. Sorry--I'm pulling out."
- "Hey. I guess there's little need for words..."
- "I won't ask you to forgive me. Hate away."
- "(coughs) I'll be right behind you. You can chew me out on the other side."
- "So...this is the end. (coughs) This is for the best."
Joshua O'Brien is known for having a laid-back and cordial attitude when facing off against enemy pilots. He shows a sincere respect for his opponents introducing himself upon reaching the battlefield.
NEXT White GlintEdit
Joshua O'Brien's Next is a white light bipedal unit called White Glint. It has a SALAF core, HOGIRE head, and JUDITH arms and legs. It is armed with a Rosenthal assault rifle, Omer Science Technology laser blade, and back laser cannon. This white NEXT is designed for extremely high speeds, and gained its name for being so fast that it appears only as a "white glint" to witnesses. Its main and side boosters are Aaliyah, its back is Hogire, and its over booster is a Pallas. It has a Judith FCS and a Rayleonard Maxwell generator. Despite minimal armaments, the unit is quite capable of effectively fighting other NEXTS as well as the Sol Dios, a testament of both the pilots skill and the capability of White Glint.
- Head: HD-HOGIRE
- Core: SALAF-CORE
- Arms: AM-JUDITH
- Legs: LG-JUDITH
- FCS: FS-JUDITH
- Generator: 03-AALIYAH/G
- Main Booster: 03-AALIYAH/M
- Back Booster: LB-HOGIRE
- Side Booster: 03-AALIYAH/S
- Overed Booster: KB-PALLAS
- Arm Unit R: MR-R102
- Arm Unit L: EB-O305
- Back Unit R: None
- Back Unit L: EC-O300
- Shoulder Weapon: None
- Hanger Weapon R: None
- Hanger Weapon L: None
- Head Stabilizers
- Head Top: None
- Head R Side: HD-HOGIRE-OPT01
- Head L Side: None
- Core Stabilizers
- Core R Upper: None
- Core L Upper: None
- Core R Lower: None
- Core L Lower: None
- Arm Stabilizers
- Arm Right: None
- Arm Left: AM-HOGIRE-OPE01
- Leg Stabilizers
- Legs Back: None
- Legs R Upper: None
- Legs L Upper: None
- Legs R Middle: None
- Legs L Middle: None
- Legs R Lower: None
- Legs L Lower: None
Joshua O'Brien is a LYNX affiliated with the NEXT development corporation Aspina testing the AMS control system. Throughout the game, he plays the role of Anatolia's Mercenary's partner and sometimes rival, depending on the situation.
Joshua's strategy is to use his extreme speed to outmaneuver his opponent. Often staying at mid-range, he will whittle away at enemies with his assault rifle, while taking occasional shots with his laser cannon. If an enemy gets too close, he may use his laser blade before retreating to a safe distance. The best ways to eliminate him is to use heavy weapons or to use tracking weapons that can keep up with his speed (mainly missiles).
The word White Glint, the name of Joshua O'Brien's NEXT, refers to a small flash of light reflected off a surface.
- It is widely speculated that Omer forced Joshua to take the 00-ARETHA. This is further reinforced in hard mode when Omer's NEXT Testament attacks Anatolia's Mercenary after he defeated Joshua.
- White Glint was designed by Ab Marsh (Abu Marshe in AC:FA) who would later design the second White Glint for Anatolia's Mercenary.
- Joshua O'Brien also appears in many of the hard modes of missions requiring the player to kill other LYNXs, such as Desert Wolf, Sea of Blood, and Empress.
- Joshua's emblem is almost exactly the same as Shade from Armored Core: Silent Line.
- It is possible to accidentally disable White Glint in the missions in which he provides assistance by firing explosive weaponry such as the grenade launcher too close to him.
- Joshua's White Glint is one of several Armored Core NEXTs to have model kits based on it. The upgraded version of White Glint piloted by Anatolia's Mercenary as it appears in Armored Core: For Answer also has model kits based on its design.