Armored Core: Project Phantasma
Armored Core: Master of Arena
Armored Core 2
Armored Core 2: Another Age
Armored Core 3
Silent Line: Armored Core
Armored Core: Nexus
Armored Core: Nine Breaker
Armored Core: Last Raven
Human PLUS is an ability status referring to AC pilots and ACs that exhibit abnormal feats and performances not seen in even the most well built ACs.
Human PLUS originated in the original Armored Core as a set of abilities granted to a select few Ravens. Although the technology was used and supposedly invented by Murakumo Millenium, it was created before the Great War. Later in the game, a data capsule reveals that the technology was created by an unknown party. In truth, Human PLUS was created by a guiding intelligence with the goal of eventually unifying humanity and transcending conflict. The mental instability exhibited by certain PLUS subjects is an effect of this process.
Obtaining Human PlusEdit
Although the system is only granted to an elite few, the player can unlock these abilities for him or herself. What is unique in its unlocking method is that unlike most video games where the player must accomplish some feat such as defeating an enemy a certain way or completing stages under a certain time limit, Human PLUS acquisition requires the player to fail their missions until their Credit count hits -50,000.
When this is done, abilities will be unlocked in a certain order. However, this also resets the game from the first mission and the players credits become 0, but the player also keeps the parts obtained in the previous playthrough. Their name will also be changed to "Rebel" with a random three-digit number although the use of a code can allow the player to change it back. In the original game, many players exploited this by playing the game through the first few missions until the mission Worker Robot Removal and spending all of their credits on expensive parts. On the mission Worker Robot Removal, it is possible to lose about 60,000 credits if played correctly.
In the game, Human PLUS is described as having the pilot being cybernetically meshed with their ACs to improve performance. This involved enhancing the skeletal, nervous and muscular systems of the human. Not only used in AC pilots, Human PLUS is also used to enhance bodyguards as well. However there have been two confirmed cases of this causing psychological problems, namely the Murakumo Escapee and the former Raven Wildcat.
As shown in the manga, Tower Blade City, this operation also stunted the growth of a youth named Catarina. The cybernetics stiffened her muscles, leaving her to barely facially express herself, let alone speak (though she is still capable of emotions and crying). The implants would eventually cause her heart to stop beating and result in her death. There appears to be an operation that can reverse the process, but it is incredibly expensive, even for a Raven.
Human PLUS grants users a plethora of special attributes that cannot be accomplished with mere AC upgrades. As a result, the AC's performance shoots up to exponential levels. Human PLUS is typically available to highly-skilled Ravens or AI-guided ACs. It also opens up new possibilities with AC customization so that any setup, regardless of its irregular nature, can fight competently on the battlefield.
- Enhanced cooling - Increases normal cooling prowess (Not in Armored Core 1)
- Enhanced booster performance - Lessens energy consumption and grants stronger boost power (Not a big difference)
- Enhanced missile interception performance - Effects only Cores with AMS (Also not in Armored Core 1)
- Enhanced radar performance - Replaces the radar screen with a grid-like graphic. Automatically grants AC's without radars with top-notch radar functions, including Bio-Sensor and Missile Detector.
- Blade wave capability - Grants the user the ability to fire waves of energy fired from the laser blade. Press the boost button while slashing to execute the attack. Blade waves differ on the laser blade. 1
- Enhanced shoulder cannon performance - The ability to fire shoulder cannon weapons without kneeling. Note that while cannons and similar weapons can be fired without being stationary, Quad legged AC's cannot fire their cannons midair. (However, AI Cores have no limitations) 2
- Enhanced weight load capacity - Removes OVERWEIGHT status. 3 ***
1. Added as a normal function in Nexus, Nine Breaker and Last Raven
2. This function also became readily available starting with Armored Core 4.
3. AC's with this ability are commonly referred to as PLOW (PLUS Overweight)
***This Plus ability is only accessible after completion of each mission.
Though Human PLUS had seemingly disappeared, it was somewhat rebalanced in Armored Core 3 with the introduction of the Optional Part, OP-INTENSIFY. Obtained after completing the main game, it becomes available to your shop for free, shipped by an anonymous figure who requests for you to defeat a particularly powerful Raven known as Exile. Though they recommend its usage to defeat him, they also note that use of this part may not be the honorable thing to do, in a particular nod to players who see Human PLUS as a way of cheating. Like Human PLUS, OP-I's abilities have to be unlocked individually but must be done so by defeating certain targets in missions and Ravens instead of hitting below a certain negative credit point.OP-INTENSIFY can be obtained in the sequel, Silent Line by achieving 99% completion or simply loading an AC3 file that has the part. Its only description is ??? and it takes up all Option Slots.
How to obtain the full range of abilities in OP-INTENSIFY (AC3)
- Obtain enhanced radar function (Defeat Thunder House in the Arena)
- Enhanced booster performance (Defeat Ace in the Arena)
- Blade wave capability (complete the mission Destroy Massive Weapon)
- Various Sensor Functions (complete the mission Eliminate Intruders, destroy the AC)
- Improved Turning Performance (complete the mission Bomb Disarmament, destroy the AC)
- Improved Targeting Accuracy (complete the mission Defend Ruglen Laboratory, destroy the AC)
- Enhanced cooling prowess (complete the mission Destroy Massive MT)
- Fire back-mounted cannons while moving (Destroy both parts of the massive MT in Destroy Massive MT, you should also unlock the Enhanced cooling prowess if you do this all at once.)
- Increased blade range (Defeat Exile in the Arena)
- Enhanced missile interception (complete the mission Defend Water Processors but do not take the extra mission, destroy the AC)
Note that you must have the OP-INTENSIFY optional part equipped on your AC when doing this missions/fights.
In Silent Line, upon obtaining an S rank in all the missions and getting 99% game completion, you will unlock the full range of abilities in the OP-INTENSIFY part.
Nexus and beyondEdit
OP-INTENSIFY is no longer obtainable by the player.
In a sense, Human PLUS has made its comeback since no data for OP-INTENSIFY exists post-Silent Line. Use of cheating devices like Gameshark or Action Replay can grant OP-INTENSIFY-like abilities to the player, including the overweight limit removal. Use of Human PLUS was discontinued after Last Raven. Due to AC4's gameplay overhaul and part setups, Human PLUS was no longer needed. OP-I however returned for the PSP ports of Armored Core 3 and Silent Line although it is still absent again in Last Raven Portable.
Notable HUMAN-PLUS/OP-INTENSIFY usersEdit
- Leos Klein
- By Last Raven, a majority of Ravens (minus the player's) use OP-INTENSIFY
- There is a notable bug in Armored Core (the original game) where the quad legs would not be affected by Human PLUS. While bipedal legs and reverse joints could fly and fire cannons at the same time, quad legs would still operate like they do normally, able to use Cannons while along the ground but failed to do so while flying.
- Transhumanism, the concept that that affirms the possibility and desirability of fundamentally transforming the human condition by developing and making widely available technologies to eliminate aging and to greatly enhance human intellectual, physical, and psychological capacities is often abbreviated as H+.