|Affiliation and military information|
|Rank||Original # 1|
|Conflicts active||National Dismantlement War, Lynx War|
|Notable battles||Battle at the Abandoned City|
|Real world information|
|Appearances||Armored Core 4|
|Encountered||Marche Au Supplice, Data Arena|
|Voice actor||Chris Edgerly (US)|
- "You're a fine warrior. Call me sentimental, but I wish we'd met under different circumstances..."
- — Berlioz in Marche Au Supplice
Berlioz is a Lynx appearing in Armored Core 4. He is ranked as the #1 Original and is widely regarded as the most technically proficient and skilled pilot of the National Dismantlement War. One of Rayleonard's most valuable military and political assets, he is the squad leader of the company's elite team of top-ranked Originals. His achievements have won the respect of all the corporations, giving him access to all of their NEXT parts.
Known for his unparalleled ability on the battlefield, Berlioz has become renowned as the legendary hero of the National Dismantlement War. Remaining a pragmatic soldier despite all of the glory, Berlioz worked tirelessly to improve his NEXT. This continues well beyond the end of the war as all of the corporations have offered him their NEXT parts for his use. He has since formed his own personal elite unit of NEXTs to carry out specific missions assigned to him by Rayleonard consisting of P. Dam, Unseel, and Zanni.
- Marche Au Supplice
- "Enemy reinforcements sighted. That's Anatolia's merc."
- "Don't get cocky. I hear he's a skilled soldier. Let's bury him."
- "Dog me, will you?!"
- "Enemy craft disabled. That leaves two."
- "The mission hasn't changed. Continue as planned."
- "In over your head, mister mercenary? Did you think I was the same as the others?"
- (Upon Defeat) "You're a fine warrior... Call me sentimental, but I wish we had met under different circumstances."
Berlioz shows a preference toward dark imagery and themes as shown by the name and the appearance of his NEXT, Supplice. Despite this however, he is considered a charismatic leader and possesses a subtle streak of compassion. Although he was the top Original, Berlioz never underestimated his opponents, adding to his charismatic outlook. This is evident in the Battle at the Abandoned City, especially upon his defeat where he exclaims: "You're a fine warrior. Call me sentimental, but I wish we'd met under different circumstances...".
NEXT SuppliceEditSupplice was built around the standard 03-AALIYAH frame, and is armed with a variety of parts from different companies. This includes a rifle and flares from BFF, as well as a back-mounted OGOTO grenade launcher from Arisawa Heavy Industries. Although based on a Rayleonard standard model, the prestige of its pilot makes it one of the few NEXTs of its time to equip parts from unaffiliated companies. Primarily designed for direct, aggressive tactics, Supplice's equipment loadout allows Berlioz to adapt to a variety of different combat situations and ranges.
- Head: 03-AALIYAH/H
- Core: 03-AALIYAH/C
- Arms: 03-AALIYAH/A
- Legs: 03-AALIYAH/L
- FCS: INBLUE
- Generator: 03-AALIYAH/G
- Main Booster: 03-AALIYAH/M
- Back Booster: 03-AALIYAH/B
- Side Booster: 03-AALIYAH/S
- Over Booster: 03-AALIYAH/O
- Arm Unit R: 051ANNR
- Arm Unit L: 04-MARVE
- Back Unit R: OGOTO
- Back Unit L: None
- Shoulder: 051ANAM
- Hangar R: None
- Hangar L: None
- Head Stabilizers
- Head Top: None
- Head R Side: None
- Head L Side: None
- Core Stabilizers
- Core R Upper: None
- Core L Upper: GAN01-SS-CUS1
- Core R Lower: None
- Core L Lower: None
- Arm Stabilizers
- Arm Right: None
- Arm Left: None
- Leg Stabilizers
- Legs Back: 03-AALIYAH/LBS1
- Legs R Upper: None
- Legs L Upper: None
- Legs R Middle: None
- Legs L Middle: None
- Legs R Lower: None
- Legs L Lower: None
Berlioz appears as an important enemy in the mission Marche Au Supplice. His elite squad made up of P. Dam, Unseel, and Zanni set up an ambush for Rosenthal's esteemed Original Leonhardt and Omer's pilot Mido Auriel. Anatolia's Mercenary arrives to support Leonhardt and Mido Auriel against Berlioz and his squad. Along with the rest of his unit, he is defeated. This signals the inevitable demise of Rayleonard.
Berlioz appears as an important enemy in the mission Marche Au Supplice. His elite squad made up of P. Dam, Unseel, and Zanni set up an ambush for Rosenthal's esteemed Original Leonhardt and Omer's pilot Mido Auriel. Anatolia's Mercenary arrives just as Berlioz's unit wipes out Leonhardt and Mido Auriel. This results in a 4-on-1 firefight against Berlioz and his squad. Along with the rest of his unit, he is defeated. This signals the inevitable demise of Rayleonard.
- In-Game Biography
- Rayleonard's legendary hero of the National Dismantlement War. A pragmatist and consummate soldier, his skill has earned him the exceptional privilege of using parts from other companies.
- The name Berlioz is derived from the 19th century French composer Hector Berlioz who wrote a movement titled "Marche au Supplice" ("March to the Scaffold" in English; literally "March to Torment") as the fourth song in his symphony Symphonie Fantastique. The song tells the story of a man being marched to a guillotine, where he is executed for his crimes in front of a cheering crowd. This is where Berlioz derives his name, the name of his NEXT, and the mission name "Marche au Supplice".
- The word Supplice, the name of Berlioz's NEXT is French for "execution" or "torture".
- Berlioz's emblem is the blade of a guillotine with blood pouring from the edge. This fits in with his "Marche au Supplice" motif.
- Supplice is featured prominently in the Armored Core 4 introductory video. In the intro, he used his Marve as a blade and impaled an MT. In the actual game, it is impossible to do this.
- It should be note that in pre-Armored Core 4 games, an Armored Core with parts from different companies would be the norm and an AC with parts from the same company would be unusual.